Air conditioners are essential to your comfort on hot summer days. If your unit is constantly breaking down or not cooling your house well enough, it’s time to call a technician. An HVAC professional can repair many issues to help an old unit run more efficiently, but air conditioners do wear out eventually. How do you know when it’s time to replace your unit rather than repair it?
Our trusted Castle Rock, CO professionals at Blue River Plumbing & Heating can inspect and diagnose the problems with your current unit. If a replacement is needed, you can count on us to find you the very best air conditioner without breaking your budget.
Want to extend the lifespan of your air conditioner? Be sure to ask about our AC tune-up services to keep your unit working in top shape.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your AC
An air conditioner that blows warm air doesn’t always need to be replaced. However, it may be more cost-effective to replace a unit that is ten to fifteen years old, especially if it needs costly repairs each year.
If your air conditioner doesn’t cool your home evenly, you may want to upgrade an otherwise functional unit to a more powerful version. The uneven cooling can also be the result of blocked or damaged vents. A costly repair to the vents or the compressor may not make sense if your unit is already old.
Castle Rock homeowners love the environment, and air conditioning units manufactured in the past few years are more energy-efficient than ever. You may decide to replace your existing unit even if it's still running well to save some money on your energy bill and reduce pollution.
Benefits of Installing a New Air Conditioner
Many people overestimate the expense and time that it takes to install a new air conditioner. At Blue River Plumbing & Heating, we’ll help you choose the unit that fits your home’s needs and budget. In most cases, we can complete your AC installation in a single day.
Beyond having your home properly cooled and comfortable, there are several benefits to replacing your old air conditioner, including:
- A Lower Energy Bill: New AC units are much more energy-efficient than models from ten or more years ago.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: New AC units offer innovative solutions for filtering and purifying your home’s air.
- Better Airflow: Your home will be evenly cooled. Your unit won’t have to work as hard, which also saves you money.
- Increased Property Value: New appliances increase the value of your home. If you think you may be selling your home in the next few years, now is a great time to start upgrading your appliances.
- Peace of Mind: You can stop worrying about whether your rickety old AC is about to breakdown. Instead, be comforted knowing that your house will be cool when you arrive home from work each day.
Looking for an alternative solution to your airflow issues? We also offer ductless mini split AC installation for areas of your home without the convenience of ductwork.
Choose an HVAC Professional That Cares About You
Coloradans trust Blue River Plumbing & Heating because our technicians are respectful, knowledgeable, and efficient. We treat our customers like our neighbors and go the extra mile to ensure you have peace of mind in your home. We won’t push you into replacing your air conditioner when a simple repair is the best solution.
If you do decide that it’s time to upgrade your AC, we’ll present you with the best units on the market and help you choose the one that’s right for you. If you suspect that it’s time to replace your air conditioner, schedule a consultation today.