It’s important to have a plumbing company you can trust when emergencies like frozen or burst pipes happen. Not only can these issues prevent you from using your plumbing, but in many cases, they can lead to water damage, which is one of the most costly and destructive issues you could face as a homeowner. At Blue River Plumbing & Heating, we are Castle Rock, CO’s best choice for timely and professional plumbing work. We can handle anything from burst pipe repair to thawing a frozen pipe after single-digit temperatures. And with the added peace of mind that you always have 24/7 availability, it’s no wonder we’re the areas most trusted plumbing company.
Want to help avoid burst pipes? Be sure to keep up with your routine drain cleaning to avoid any buildup or deterioration in your plumbing.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
There are several reasons your indoor pipes or outside hose bibs will burst. No matter the cause, it’s important that you call in an experienced company to resolve the problem right away. So, why do pipes freeze and burst?
- Cold Weather - When temperatures are extremely cold, it can cause water in your pipes to freeze. As the water expands in the pipes, it can create excess pressure, bursting them in the process.
- Water Pressure - A sudden increase in water pressure can cause pipes to rupture and burst when they can no longer contain it. Whether it’s from an old clog or some type of construction damage, immediate repair is needed.
- Water Hammer - Water hammer can happen when pipes aren’t secured properly, which causes them to rattle when in use and eventually weaken the joints, allowing water to come out.
- Corrosion - When your pipes are corroded, they can sometimes fail and burst. This is especially true for older homes in the Castle Rock area.
- Tree Roots & Landscaping - There’s a reason you shouldn't plant larger trees near your plumbing. As plants search for water, they’ll burrow deeper, eventually finding your plumbing. Any minor crack is an easy entrance for these roots to grow.
Regardless of the reason for your clog, the one constant is the need for repair services. Burst pipes can easily pour gallons of water into and around your home. Not only does this put the foundations of your home at risk, but also it can become a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
The Impact of a Burst Pipe on Your Home
When you realize you have a burst pipe or a frozen pipe, it’s important that you deal with the issue right away and call in the experts at Blue River Plumbing & Heating. A problem that isn’t handled immediately can lead to much bigger issues like:
- Buckling foundations
- High water bills
- Low water pressure
- Mold growth
- Drywall and ceiling stains
At Blue River Plumbing & Heating, we’ve been helping homeowners long enough to know first-hand how destructive burst pipes can be. We offer top-quality services and burst pipe repair to limit the risk of water damage and restore your home to functionality in no time!
A burst pipe is considered a plumbing emergency. Our staff is available for 24/7 emergency services, helping you when you need it most.
Time to Call in the Burst Pipe Repair Experts
When you’re dealing with an emergency like a frozen or burst pipe, the last thing you want is to bring in someone inexperienced for the job. Blue River Plumbing & Heating technicians are knowledgeable, experienced, courteous, and fast. We’ll make sure the job is done right, even if it’s in the middle of the night. We can handle pipe defrosting, repairs, hose bib replacements and more.