A water leak can be on the most complex plumbing issues you deal with in your home. Not only is it increasing your utility costs by wasting water, but also it could be damaging your home without you even realizing it. When you need accurate results and quality leak detection, look no further than Blue River Plumbing & Heating. As your trusted plumbing experts in the Castle Rock, CO area, we’ll not only locate the leak, but we’ll also provide a long-lasting repair to ensure your home is protected once and for all.
Need help repairing or installing a new water line? Our plumbing pros are your full-service experts available now!
Signs You May Have a Water Leak
Water leaks can cause costly damage if ignored and left unrepaired. It’s imperative when you notice a potential leak that you have it professionally checked out right away. Here are some signs to keep an eye out for:
- Mold Growth - When you notice mold or mildew growth on walls, in corners, or underneath sinks, it can be a sign of water leakage.
- Smell - Musty smells can be one of the first signs you have a leakage problem. If you notice a smell in an otherwise clean room, you may have a leak.
- Expensive Water Bill - When your water bill seems higher than normal, and you can’t think of anything that might have caused the increase, you may have a hidden leak.
- Meter Running - If you suspect a leak and after turning off all water you still see your water meter running, you probably have a leak.
- Structural Damage - Warping, bubbling, cracking, stains, and wood rot can all indicate water damage from leaking.
More often than not, leaking pipes for undetected for too long. While you can get a repair after the fact, the damage done to your home in the meantime can be costly. If you notice any of the symptoms above, call us immediately, and get the quality services you deserve today!
How Is Leak Detection Done?
If you have a plumbing leak or worry there’s a hidden leak behind a wall or under your flooring, it’s vital that you get it taken care of right away. When you call a Blue River Plumbing & Heating technician into your home for inspection, there are several ways they can detect potential leaks:
- Conducting a Soil Probe - A soil probe allows a plumbing technician to detect leaks in sewer lines and water mains by being able to listen through rocks and grass blocking the area.
- Visual Inspections - Depending on the location of the leak and the severity, many times our plumbers can locate it simply by removing a bit of drywall. With decades of experience, we do our best to streamline the inspection process with little to no disruption in your home.
- Utilizing Video Inspection Equipment - A small camera can sometimes be used within pipes to see where the leak is, limiting the need for expensive excavation.
Once the leak(s) is detected, your plumbing technician can then determine the best course of action; this sometimes includes replacement of piping or patching. No matter which route we take, you can trust it’ll be a long-term solution for your home.
Worried that your water leak may turn into a burst pipe? Our plumbers are here to offer you the best services to cut down on property damage.
Leak Detection & Repair Experts
At Blue River Plumbing & Heating, we ensure all of our plumbing technicians are thoroughly trained in all aspects of leak detection and repair. Know that you’re in good hands when you call us. It’s important to have a reliable plumbing company in your pocket when you own a home - if you’re in the Castle Rock, CO area, Blue River Plumbing & heating would like to be that company for you. Not only do we offer expert leak detection, but also we can help repair or replace your pipes as needed.