The water lines entering and exiting your home are the heartbeat of your plumbing system. Without them, you wouldn't have access to potable water, which can be a serious cause for concern. Unfortunately, over time, your water lines can deteriorate with age or fall susceptible to repair issues. At Blue River Plumbing & Heating we are your Castle Rock, CO water main service experts. From line repair to new pipe installations, you can count on us to keep the water flowing to and from your home!
Need help finding a water leak? Be sure to work with our plumbing contractors to enjoy pinpoint accurate solutions for your home.
Signs You Have a Leak
Damaged water lines are not something you want to ignore. Left unrepaired, they can compromise the foundation of your home and cause severe flooding. This is why it’s vitally important to be familiar with signs your water lines may be damaged and what can cause the problem.
- Water in Your Yard or Street - When you see water flooding or pooling in your home, yard or in the street, you may have an urgent leak.
- Wet Spots - If you notice wet spots around your sinks, toilets, or showers you may have a water line leak.
- Expensive Water Bills - A higher than usual water bill is almost always a sign that there is a problem.
- Foundation Cracks - When you have a water line leak it can seep into the foundation and cause cracking.
- Bubbling Noises - If you notice dripping or clanging sounds in your pipes, or your toilet is making bubbling sounds, you probably have a water line issue.
- Low Water Pressure - Low water pressure is usually more than just an inconvenience, it can mean you have damage in your water line that warrants repair.
- Smell - A foul smell can mean sewage isn’t making it’s way out properly. You may have a water line leak if this is the problem.
In many cases, water leaks are behind walls or under flooring. Because of this, it’s important to pay attention to the above warning signs. More often than not, your water leak issues will cause a drop in pressure or higher than usual utility bills. At the first sign of trouble, schedule an inspection for your home.
What Causes Water Leaks?
Your home can sustain water line damage for a multitude of reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Rodent or pest damage
- Invasive tree roots
- Poor installation
- Old pipes
- Freezing temperatures
- Shifting soil
- Construction damage
Depending on the damage and age of your water line pipes, sometimes installing new lines is a better solution than just repairing. When you install new water lines it can lengthen the life expectancy of your entire plumbing system and reduce your chances of further repairs needed in the immediate future.
Want to keep your new pipes clean and free of clogs? Be sure to schedule routine drain cleaning with our plumbing experts.
Water Line Repair & Replacement Professionals
Blue River Plumbing & Heating technicians are always looking out for what can better support our customers and community here in Castle Rock, CO. When it comes to water lines, we understand that it’s not only an issue for your home but also could affect city lines as well. When it comes to main water line repair and replacement, you can expect detailed care from our plumbing pros.